Meet Jack. Jack is a volunteer at Your Community Church…and is involved. Very involved. So involved, he’s often misunderstood to be a full-time staff member. Not like Jack seeks to milk the myth; he’s just really passionate about serving people. Jack is a newly wed and works 30-40 hours a week as an Apple specialist at Best Buy. He has no kids, but dreams of having them, which is partly why he commits 25-30 hours a week as a volunteer in the youth and tech ministry programs. In the rare case, he’s caught up on both work and church, Jack can be found hanging out with senior high youth at the rec center or movie theater.
- Time management is weak.
- Tendency to over-exert is high.
- Little time for family and peers due to heavy workload in church and out.
- Unbalanced priorities with respect to community overall.
- Is able to use IT skills in both spheres.
- Uses church community as a bridge to bless colleagues at work.
- Is constant in loving people, allowing non-churched and churched peers to trust his counsel and encouragement.
The challenge is real…and so are the opportunities. Do you fit into this profile? What are some other challenges or opportunities you have encountered? Share in the comments below.
Photo credits: volunteerswmi.org & volunteerweekly.org